creative camps for awesome kids
Codename: PLAY and Codename: BOTS are creative coding camps and robotics camps for kids ages 6-12. Each session is a week long with morning and afternoon sessions available. For Codename: PLAY, each student will be provided a laptop for daily coding use and guided through the basics of coding. For Codename: BOTS, all robotics components will be provided to build and program the robots.
- Week-long Camps, Monday-Friday
- 9am-12pm & 1pm-4pm Sessions
- Camp t-shirt included
What is Electric Playhouse doing to keep campers safe?
- We follow all NM State Department of Health guidelines for Youth Summer Programs.
- Camp Coaches have received both curriculum and safety training, and actively work with campers to maintain social distancing and proper mask usage.
- Coaches, staff and campers must wear face masks at all times except while eating.
- Campers have the same Coach all week, and the same group of peer campers.
- Campers use the same laptop and same team all week.
- All surfaces, door handles, and laptops are sanitized daily.
- Dedicated rooms are provided for each group of campers and one Coach.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned at the entrance to each camp room, as well as the restroom entrance and throughout the building.
How does drop off and pickup work? How early can I drop off my child early?
- Campers can be dropped off starting 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to wait in our Cafe seating area if they show up early.
Do all camps cover the same material? Can I sign my child up for two different camps? What will campers learn in the camp?
- Currently we are offering the three levels of coding camp and a variety of robotics camps, you can sign up for one or many, as long as they do not overlap.
- Campers will learn basic syntax, and will make multiple small ‘projects’ they can later share and access from home that cover the layout of graphic elements, animations and sound effects.
- Robotics camps are operated by Be Greater Than Average and are good for various age ranges, allowing for different levels of difficulty. Multiple styles of robot are used, so there is significant differentiation between the camps.
My child already has some coding experience. Is this camp still a good fit?
- Coaches work with more advanced students who are capable of progressing more quickly to provide challenges and to work a bit ahead of the rest of the group if needed.
Where is the camp located? How do I contact Electric Playhouse?
5201 Ouray Road NW, Suite A1, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Main Phone: 505-832-7562
You will see our large Electric Playhouse sign on the building.
Where do I park?
Ample parking is available in the parking lot directly in front of the Electric Playhouse.
Does my child need to wear a mask?
Can parents/guardians attend the camps?
Can I designate someone to pick up my child?
The camps are for ages 6 – 12 — are campers grouped by age ranges?
Yes, we attempt to group by age range whenever possible.
Registration Details Link:
Register for CODENAME: BOTS – Coding Camps Below
Register for CODENAME: PLAY – Coding Camps Below